Saturday, September 26, 2009

My experience at WEVA Expo 2009

Finally I'm sitting down typing a blog. I used to do these on my personal networking pages but not for the business very often. I'm currently burning some copies of my new demo reel for a bridal show with Metropolitan Bride that will be held in Joplin at the Holiday Inn near I-44 & Range Line. But this is giving me a chance to reflect on my experience in Florida.

First, it was my first trip to Florida, that alone was new. I decided to drive instead of flying. I have family just outside of Tuscaloosa, Alabama so I was able to crash there which worked out well because it was halfway between where I live and Orlando give or take a couple hundred miles.

The first day of WEVA Expo was the "Power Sessions". These were extra but well worth the investment. I sat in a "Ceremony Boot Camp" class. No she really didn't crack the whip on us but she really showed us how to shoot it this way and why. I also attended another session on shooting other events besides Weddings.

The second day was Day One of the Seminars, I took several marketing sessions. There was also a session called "Working with your Spouse". I don't feel so bad now because most of these people in this business work with their spouse and we do a lot of what they do.

The next day I took some creative & technical sessions. There is a High Definition Camera I really want to get. We're still shooting in standard definition but have been looking very hard into getting a new camera. The Panasonic cameras really have my attention right now.

The final day was a mixture of marketing and creative sessions.

All in all there is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much I didn't know about this business. But I am ready to tackle this education I received and start implementing these into my business. WEVA Expo was a great experience. I'm already looking forward to next year's expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Since 1997, I have been working as a videographer, primarily focusing on wedding and event shoots. Additionally, I am currently employed as a Client Services Producer at the local television station in Oklahoma City. In my spare time, I freelance as a camera operator for CNS Productions, Cory's Audio Visual, and the Oklahoma City Dodgers.